Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Its not Christmas time yet?!

One thing that everyone should know about me is that I ADORE CHRISTMAS!!! As I am writing this blog I am currently listening to Christmas music, I sing Christmas music in the shower, and in the car.... so shoot me! Yes, I am "one of those." So I guess I should update you on a little of my life since its been a while since we've talked :) Ok.  As you may possibly know there was a life changing announcement recently by the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  This announcement changed the age that men and women can leave on missions for the Church. The age for men to leave changed from 19 years old to 18 years old and the age for young women to leave changed from 21 to 19 years old.  Obviously this makes me able to serve a mission now! As this has been a life long dream of mine this was exciting news, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go yet.  Although a mission is a great opportunity to serve the Lord and bring souls to the gospel and make them happy I do realize that a mission is not for everyone and that I need to pray about it.  Lets see here, what else is new in my life? Oh yeah.  I don't remember if I told you or not but I'm dating this SUPER DUPER awesome guy named Eric! I always have tons of fun talking to him (he's in Rexburg while I'm here in Chile) and am grateful for the blessing that he is in my life.  He just makes me so happy! Okay nobody wants to here me get all gushy and stuff :P So. I have a break coming up and guess what I'm doing?! Going to Argentina!! That's right, be jealous! Mendoza specifically. Gah! Why do I have such an awesome life? Just joking.  So the other day I almost got robbed. I was walking with two of my friends when I felt something shift on my backpack so I spun around and there was a flaite opening my backpack. What did I do? Yelled "hey!" and pulled a kung fu move.  I must have intimidated him because then he changed direction and I checked my bag and nothing was gone.  I sure showed him! Well not really... but maybe next time.  So highlight of last week was we went horseback riding on beach. It was gorgeous, and I learned how to gallop! I feel like this blog post if full of exclamation points... but that's just because I'm so stinking excited with my life right now! The Lord blesses me so much! "Your a bad banana with a greasy black peel..." that's what just came on in the Grinch Christmas Song-hahah! Alright rereading this its really random, but I just think that's how my mind works.
Things I miss from Los Estados Unidos (these are in NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
1. Cheesy grits
2. Mi pololo
3. Banana bread
4. Normal traffic
5. My family
6. English
7. Sleeping in my nomadic state.  I haven't slept in the same bed for this long....well, ever!
8. Dinner.  We never eat dinner here!
9. Amigos (I have them here too, but I miss my State side ones)
10. HOT WATER!!!! (this may actually be no.1 but since I didn't put them in order I guess you'll never know!)

Alright. Now that I have exposed you to the random state of mind I'm in right now I'll conclude by saying "Chao pescado!" (Imagine an upside downy exclamation thingy majig at the beginning of that).
Picture time...
The Chilean Sunset. Gorgeous, no?
 I thought this was an octopus skin... and there were TONS all over the beach. They aren't. 


I made Banana bread for my host family so they could try my favorite food!

Cindi and I decided to take a day trip to Santiago! We even had the bus to ourselves !

I went to Pablo Neruda's house

Eating brochetas at the crazy awesome parties that they have for September 18th! (Its like there version of 4th of July)
At the temple!

More temple :)
Alright I hope I haven't bored you too much! Chao, pescado!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Celeste I miss you too. Sounds like you are having fun though. When do you get back to the States?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow- I am SO good at looking at this (not). haha I am having loads of fun but I'm definitely ready to go home and be with my family again. I actually get back the 10 of December so super soon! Whats new with you?!

      Delete
  2. Its good to know that I was #2 next to cheesy grits ;) haha

    ReplyDelete